CO2 Laser Project
CO2 Laser Build
Goal: To assemble a working CO2 Laser from a minimum investment
using only tools one can find at your average home improvement store.
Allowable extras will be:
- optics, This includes a gold mirror and a ZnSe Lens for the output
- Neon Sign Transformer, it must be non-GFI. You can often
get one from a local neon guy out of his scrap bin for free if you ask
nicely… and bring cookies.
- Glass tubing, also from the neon guy.
I used 12mm ID…. bring more cookies, especially oatmeal raisin,
everyone brings chocolate chip… surprise him 😀
- Another item that is nice, but not required is a variac to control the output voltage of the neon transformer
- Helium, get this from walmart as it is used for party balloons.
- Nitrogen and CO2 can either be obtained from the air we breath, OR if you wish, a welding supply store.
Construction of various Parts: If you plan on building
this, read the ENTIRE thing first as I may have made design changes or
redone things along the way as I discovered new or better methods or